Pilbara Railways Image Collection

The entire photo collection of images scanned from negatives and slides and digital images.


Home Login
Album list Last uploads Last comments Most viewed Top rated My Favourites Search
Last additions
200914_iPhone_IMG_8836.jpg
200914 iPhone IMG 883627 viewsPilbara Railways Historical Society, observer's position view of Comeng WA ALCo rebuild C636R locomotive 3017 serial WA-135-C-6043-04. The improved Pilbara cab was fitted as part of the rebuild in April 1985. Donated to Society in 1996. 14th September 2020.Sep 25, 2020
200914_iPhone_IMG_8833.jpg
200914 iPhone IMG 883329 viewsPilbara Railways Historical Society, driver position view of Comeng WA ALCo rebuild C636R locomotive 3017 serial WA-135-C-6043-04. The improved Pilbara cab was fitted as part of the rebuild in April 1985. Donated to Society in 1996. 14th September 2020.Sep 25, 2020
200914_iPhone_IMG_8831.jpg
200914 iPhone IMG 883118 viewsPilbara Railways Historical Society, in this panorama image you can see from the left 3017 a Comeng WA ALCo rebuild C636R locomotive serial WA-135-C-6043-04. The improved Pilbara cab was fitted as part of the rebuild in April 1985 and the former NSWGR bogie passenger carriages. 14th September 2020.Sep 25, 2020
200914_iPhone_IMG_8830.jpg
200914 iPhone IMG 883014 viewsPilbara Railways Historical Society, in this panorama image you can see from the left, the PWD crane, waggons and Simplex loco from Point Samson, a couple of ALCo engines, the Locotrol 'cab'; off of BHP 5663, the ALCo S2 Hamersley Iron 007 'Mabel', ALCo C415 demonstrator Hamersley Iron 1000, former NSWGR ALCo RSC-3 Robe River Iron Associates 9405 renumbered to 4002, English Electric ST95B Goldsworthy Mining 1, ALCo M636 BHP 5502 and EMD F7A Mt Newman Mining 5450. 14th September 2020.Sep 25, 2020
200914_7820.jpg
200914 782016 viewsPilbara Railways Historical Society, three four wheel waggons from the Point Samson PWD. All the PWD stock was of 3' 6" gauge. 14th September 2020.Sep 25, 2020
200914_7819.jpg
200914 781914 viewsPilbara Railways Historical Society, wooden decked steel frame bogie waggon from the Point Samson PWD, with what could be the Governors Carriage frame behind it? The Governors Carriage can be seen here on the Weston Langford site. 14th September 2020.Sep 25, 2020
200914_7818.jpg
200914 781813 viewsPilbara Railways Historical Society, wooden decked steel frame bogie waggon from the Point Samson PWD, the lever on the right bogie is the hand or foot brake. 14th September 2020.Sep 25, 2020
200914_7817.jpg
200914 781716 viewsPilbara Railways Historical Society, axle box with WAGRYS and the year 1925 on a four wheel waggon. 14th September 2020.Sep 25, 2020
200914_7816.jpg
200914 781611 viewsPilbara Railways Historical Society, four wheel waggon showing chopper coupler and chains of the this un braked rollingstock. 14th September 2020.Sep 25, 2020
200914_7815.jpg
200914 781513 viewsPilbara Railways Historical Society, Public Works Department crane from Point Samson wharf railway. 14th September 2020.Sep 25, 2020
200914_7814.jpg
200914 781413 viewsPilbara Railways Historical Society, cab side views of former Goldsworthy Mining locomotive 1 an English Electric ST95B model built in Qld and former Mt Newman Mining / BHP Iron Ore locomotive 5502 an ALCo M636 model built by Comeng NSW. 14th September 2020.Sep 25, 2020
200914_7813.jpg
200914 78139 viewsPilbara Railways Historical Society, Goldsworthy Mining Ltd B class unit 1, an English Electric built ST95B model, originally built in 1965 serial A-104, due to accident damage rebuilt on new frame with serial A-232 in 1970. These units of Bo-Bo design with a 6CSRKT 640 kW prime mover and built at the Rocklea Qld plant. Donated to Society in 1995. 14th September 2020.Sep 25, 2020
200914_7812.jpg
200914 781211 viewsPilbara Railways Historical Society, Goldsworthy Mining Ltd B class unit 1, an English Electric built ST95B model, originally built in 1965 serial A-104, due to accident damage rebuilt on new frame with serial A-232 in 1970. These units of Bo-Bo design with a 6CSRKT 640 kW prime mover and built at the Rocklea Qld plant. Donated to Society in 1995. 14th September 2020.Sep 25, 2020
200914_7811.jpg
200914 781113 viewsPilbara Railways Historical Society, the Locotrol 'cab' from Goninan WA rebuild CM40-8ML unit 5663 Newcastle, one of three units built without a driving cab in 1994 but with a Locotrol equipment cabinet to do away with the Locotrol waggons that were in use at the time. Eventually the three locomotives had driving cabs fitted. Donated to the Society around 1998? 14th September 2020.Sep 25, 2020
200914_7810.jpg
200914 781011 viewsPilbara Railways Historical Society museum, Australian built by Comeng NSW an MLW ALCo M636 unit formerly owned by BHP 5502 serial C6096-7 built in July 1976, retired in 1994, donated to Society in November 1995. 14th September 2020.Sep 25, 2020
200914_7809.jpg
200914 78099 viewsPilbara Railways Historical Society museum, Australian built by Comeng NSW an MLW ALCo M636 unit formerly owned by BHP 5502 serial C6096-7 built in July 1976, retired in 1994, donated to Society in November 1995. 14th September 2020.Sep 25, 2020
200914_7808.jpg
200914 780811 viewsPilbara Railways Historical Society museum, Australian built by Comeng NSW an MLW ALCo M636 unit formerly owned by BHP 5502 serial C6096-7 built in July 1976, retired in 1994, donated to Society in November 1995. 14th September 2020.Sep 25, 2020
200914_7807.jpg
200914 780712 viewsPilbara Railways Historical Society, former ALCo built demonstrator locomotive model C-415 serial 3449-1 built April 1966, currently carrying number 1000, it was originally numbered 008 when Hamersley Iron purchased the unit in 1968. It was retired from service on the 24th February 1982. It then spent some time carrying number 2000 while building the Marandoo railway line from Sept 1991. 14th September 2020.Sep 25, 2020
200914_7806.jpg
200914 780610 viewsPilbara Railways Historical Society, view of the bogie under ALCo built locomotive model S-2 serial 69214 built in 1940 for the Spokane, Portland and Seattle as their #21 and retired in 1964 before coming to Australia in September 1965, numbered 007 and called 'Mabel'. Retired in December 1972 and donated to the Society in 1976. 14th September 2020.Sep 25, 2020
200914_7805.jpg
200914 78058 viewsPilbara Railways Historical Society, monument for the dedication of Hamersley Iron rail maintenance camp 'Camp Curlewis', the camp closed in November 1987. 14th September 2020.Sep 25, 2020
14130 files on 707 page(s) 11

Set Back to Pilbara Yard / Photo Gallery / Blog / Departure Yard / BHP Road / Fortescue Metals Road / Rio Tinto Road / Roy Hill Road / Comalco Siding
Website and all images are © 1997-2021 www.pilbararailways.com.au Contact Us
Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional