Pilbara Railways Image Collection

The entire photo collection of images scanned from negatives and slides and digital images.


Home Login
Album list Last uploads Last comments Most viewed Top rated My Favourites Search
Home > Victorian negative and digital Albums > 0138

138-01.jpg
138-01162 viewsBendigo loco depot, V/Line broad gauge locos T class T 391 Clyde Engineering EMD model G8B serial 65-421 and Y class Y 161 Clyde Engineering EMD model G6B serial 67-581, VHHF class bogie grain waggons and a bogie oil tank waggon.
138-02.jpg
138-02113 viewsBendigo loco depot, V/Line broad gauge shunt loco Y class Y 161 Clyde Engineering EMD model G6B serial 67-581, note the painted number board.
138-03.jpg
138-03115 viewsBendigo Workshops building, Victorian Railways J class J 541 serial 6087 built by Vulcan Foundry, Newton-le-Willows in Lancashire, England in 1954, an oil burning Consolidation model 2-8-0 steam locomotive, stored.
138-04.jpg
138-04113 viewsBendigo yard, MM class bogie livestock waggon, primarily for cattle haulage, stored.
138-05.jpg
138-05192 viewsBendigo loco depot, V/Line broad gauge X class X 39, Clyde Engineering EMD model G26C serial 70-702 at the service roads.
138-06.jpg
138-06128 viewsBendigo loco depot and fuel point, V/Line broad gauge X class X 50 Clyde Engineering EMD model G26C serial 75-797 at the service roads, cab shot.
138-07.jpg
138-07132 viewsBendigo yard, VZWA class bogie wheel set transporting waggon VZWA 7 loaded with wheel sets. Started life built new at Newport Workshops as E class bogie open waggon E 193 in July 1928, converted to S, back to E, then in 1980 converted to VOAA at Bendigo Workshops, then August 1984 converted to HR 7 (2nd) at Bendigo before reclassifying to VZWA.
138-08.jpg
138-08110 viewsBendigo yard, J class four wheel cement waggon J 9, built new in October 1958 as X class fixed wheel cement hopper, recoded to J class in 1963.
138-09.jpg
138-09118 viewsBendigo yard, HZL class four wheel, wheel set waggon HZL 212, stencilled 'Motor Bogie Transportation Bendigo Nth'. This waggon has an interesting history, built new in June 1919 as six wheel U class van U 989, converted to HR class HR 78 (2nd) in 1979, then to HZL class in 1985.
138-10.jpg
138-10117 viewsBendigo yard, Ways and Works Plant Truck HD class four wheel waggon HD 106 (2nd). Started life as U class van U 321 built July 1889 Victorian Railways Newport Workshops, converted to HD class in December 1974.
138-11.jpg
138-11119 viewsBendigo station overview looking south past Bendigo A box, workshops at left, yard has been rationalised and mechanical signalling removed, N class arriving with down passenger in the background.
138-12.jpg
138-12135 viewsBendigo station overview looking south past Bendigo A box, V/Line broad gauge N class N 458 'City of Maryborough' Clyde Engineering EMD model JT22HC-2 serial 85-1226 arriving with N set on a down passenger service.
138-13.jpg
138-13135 viewsBendigo station, side view of V/Line broad gauge N class Loco N 458 'City of Maryborough' Clyde Engineering EMD model JT22HC-2 serial 85-1226.
138-14.jpg
138-14119 viewsBendigo station, cab side view of V/Line broad gauge N class Loco N 458 'City of Maryborough' Clyde Engineering EMD model JT22HC-2 serial 85-1226.
138-15.jpg
138-15128 viewsBendigo station, cab side view, number board and name plate of V/Line broad gauge N class Loco N 458 'City of Maryborough' Clyde Engineering EMD model JT22HC-2 serial 85-1226.
138-16.jpg
138-16117 viewsBendigo C signal box, no longer in use for interlocking purposes.
138-17.jpg
138-17173 viewsBendigo North, taken from D Box, looking towards Eaglehawk, line set for Eaglehawk, Echuca line in the middle, and the far points to the right lead to Bendigo Workshops, Siding B and Rangelea, while the track at the far right 'W' and leads to Siding A and the old goods loading platform.
138-18.jpg
138-18104 viewsBendigo Signal Box D, no longer in use for interlock purposes, looking back towards Bendigo.
138-19.jpg
138-19109 viewsDunolly station overview, looking south towards Melbourne, station building, grain waggons, goods shed, silo complex in background.
138-20.jpg
138-20108 viewsDunolly, yard view looking north from station, Mildura line curves to the left, and the Inglewood line to the right, on the other side of the Valiant Charger!, Semaphore signal post 2 is the down departure for both lines.
26 files on 2 page(s) 1

Set Back to Pilbara Yard / Photo Gallery / Blog / Departure Yard / BHP Road / Fortescue Metals Road / Rio Tinto Road / Roy Hill Road / Comalco Siding
Your IP address is: Website and all images are © 1997-2024 www.pilbararailways.com.au Contact Us
Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional