Pilbara Railways Image Collection

The entire photo collection of images scanned from negatives and slides and digital images.


Home Login
Album list Last uploads Last comments Most viewed Top rated My Favourites Search
Home > South Australia - Eyre Peninsula Negative and Digital Albums > 130705

130705_0510.jpg
130705 051049 viewsLock, the heavy fog has lifted and EMD 1200 class unit 1203 is leading the loading of a grain train on the grain loop road with two ALCo DL531 units 846 and 859
130705_0511.jpg
130705 051146 viewsLock,
130705_0512.jpg
130705 051241 viewsLock,
130705_0513.jpg
130705 051343 viewsLock,
130705_0514.jpg
130705 051466 viewsLock,
130705_0515.jpg
130705 051541 viewsLock,
130705_0516.jpg
130705 051643 viewsLock,
130705_0517.jpg
130705 051745 viewsLock,
130705_0518.jpg
130705 051839 viewsLock,
130705_0519.jpg
130705 051945 viewsLock, former Australian National narrow gauge 830 class locomotive 846, an AE Goodwin built ALCo DL531 model with serial 84715 built new for the SAR in 1963 and delivered to Adelaide Division on broad gauge, transferred to Tasmania on narrow gauge in 1982, then back to SA on standard gauge in 1989 and then Whyalla in 2008 on narrow gauge. In 2012 is was delivered to Port Lincoln, the last loco delivered to the Eyre Peninsula and wearing Genesee & Wyoming decals on former AN livery. 5th July 2013.
130705_0520.jpg
130705 052044 viewsLock, former Australian National narrow gauge 830 class locomotive 846, an AE Goodwin built ALCo DL531 model with serial 84715 built new for the SAR in 1963 and delivered to Adelaide Division on broad gauge, transferred to Tasmania on narrow gauge in 1982, then back to SA on standard gauge in 1989 and then Whyalla in 2008 on narrow gauge. In 2012 is was delivered to Port Lincoln, the last loco delivered to the Eyre Peninsula and wearing Genesee & Wyoming decals on former AN livery. 5th July 2013.
130705_0521.jpg
130705 052145 viewsLock, Genesee & Wyoming locomotive AE Goodwin ALCo model DL531 unit 859 'City of Port Lincoln' serial 84705, built in 1963, 859 started life at Peterborough, spent some years in Tasmania and even spent time in Perth on standard gauge in 2002 before being repainted and transferred to the Eyre Peninsula system in 2003. 3rd July 2013.
130705_0522.jpg
130705 052239 viewsLock,
130705_0523.jpg
130705 052343 viewsLock,
130705_0524.jpg
130705 052444 viewsLock, HCN type bogie grain hopper waggon HCN 39, originally an NHB type hopper NHB 1573 built by Tulloch Ltd for the Commonwealth Railways North Australia Railway. One of forty rebuilt by Islington Workshops 1978-79 to the HCN type with a 36 ton rating, increased to 40 tonnes in 1984. Fitted with a Moose Metalworks roll-top cover. 5th July 2013.
130705_0525.jpg
130705 052541 viewsLock, HBN type dual use ballast / grain hopper waggons, HBN 5. One of seventeen built by South Australian Railways Islington Workshops in 1968 with a 25 ton capacity, increased to 34 tons in 1974. HBN 1-11 fitted with removable tops and roll-top hatches in 1999-2000. 5th July 2013.
130705_0526.jpg
130705 052635 viewsLock,
130705_0527.jpg
130705 052738 viewsLock,
130705_0528.jpg
130705 052835 viewsLock,
130705_0529.jpg
130705 052938 viewsLock,
156 files on 8 page(s) 1

Set Back to Pilbara Yard / Photo Gallery / Blog / Departure Yard / BHP Road / Fortescue Metals Road / Rio Tinto Road / Roy Hill Road / Comalco Siding
Website and all images are © 1997-2021 www.pilbararailways.com.au Contact Us
Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional